Saturday, April 14, 2007

Day 104: Meal Planning

Workouts. . .
1 hour 15 min. Beginning Yoga; 20 min. brisk walk with the dog


We ordered pizza tonight from Papa John’s. We used to get a large tomato and pepperoni, sharing garlic sauce, and I’d add a ton of red pepper to mine. Tonight I ordered a mushroom and olive pizza, and didn’t even feel bad that I couldn’t eat a slice of George’s pepperoni. I think that’s progress.

Also, this week I found a note in my Natural Health magazine about signing up on a website to keep track of your steps per day with a support community. I’d love to get my counter up to 10,000 on a daily basis. The website is www.womenshealth.gov, and you can sign up on May 13, if you’re curious.

I’m not sure if I paused to recognize my favorite recipe, but I keep making my sweet & sour soup all the time. Even now, I’m writing “shiitake mushrooms” on my grocery list with every intention of using them for only this. I’m excited about it already. Here are some other things I’ve got on the list for this week, along with that “beef” and broccoli recipe I posted earlier this week (all from VegCooking.com). Fingers crossed!

Spicy Sesame Noodles

2/3 cup (150 g) peanut butter
4 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 green onion, chopped
2 Tbsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 lb. (225 g) linguine
2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds

• In a saucepan, combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, and green onion and mix well.
• Add the sesame oil and cayenne pepper. Heat slowly, whisking until smooth.
• Meanwhile, cook the linguine according to the package directions. Drain.
• Place the linguine in a large bowl, add the peanut sauce, and toss to coat. Garnish with the toasted sesame seeds.
• Serve hot or cold.

Creamy Pasta Salad With Artichoke Hearts

1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 cups cooked pasta (elbow, rotini or small shells)
4 green onions, chopped
1 6-oz. jar artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh or 1/2 Tbsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. salt

• Stir the mayonnaise and lemon juice into pasta. Add the green onions, artichoke hearts, basil, and salt and mix well.
• If the salad is too dry, add more mayonnaise and/or lemon juice.

Makes 4 servings

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails