Thursday, March 15, 2007

Day 74 : Nuggets Game Test

Okay, first of all, today was my longest shift ever in my short history of employment at Starbucks (almost six months at 10 hours/week), and eight hour day. I didn’t plan super well, but better than usual considering my style. I did bring cinnamon bread for breakfast and granola and strawberries to eat on my lunch break, so I didn’t actually eat ANY of the pastries there, even though today was coffee break day (free tall coffees for two hours) and we had hundreds of coffee cake samples. That was a small victory for me.

On the downside, yesterday I mentioned eating at Lime. Well, the food came to revisit me during the night. Either I ate too late or the garlic-onion salsa combo really upset my stomach. I woke up this morning with the taste in my mouth like I’d just finished eating it, which is a gross way to wake up, by the way. Plus, I was super gassy all day and had to suck it in at work for eight hours. This doesn’t make for a comfortable pants fit or a happy belly. Once I came home to relax, well, let’s just say it was lucky nobody was home for a while. This is the downside to vegetarian food that I’ve encountered several times so far. My body isn’t used to this level of fiber, especially large amounts of beans or onions. The trip to Chipotle in the afternoon combined with my Mexican dinner wasn’t the wisest combo of meals. Hindsight, you know.

It’s family night at the basketball game tonight, and I’m already craving either (a) fish and chips or (b) beef nachos supreme (FAVORITE!). Game night has always been an excuse to eat crap. Typically, I start out with something light-ish, like French fries, and move on to nachos, finishing with a nice cup of Good Times frozen custard. I leave wearily, tired of squishing myself into the tiny seat, and am eager to get home into my pajama pants. I’m going to see if I can do any better tonight. First of all, I ate lunch around 3, so I’m not starving, plus I drank my white mocha to stay awake all evening (not working, FYI). If I can grab a snack on my way out the door, I may be able to go directly to the frozen custard and skip the crap. I’ll give an update in the morning. . .

What I ate today. . .
4:30 am – banana & slice cinnamon bread
6 am – 3/4 shot of espresso over tsp raw sugar and 2 T whipping cream
9 am – 1/2 c. granola w/ skim milk & 4 strawberries
10 am – iced triple grande 3p rasp 3p white mocha
1 pm – two strawberries
3 pm – veggie salami sandwich on whole wheat with 1-1/2 T cream cheese, huge salad with handful chickpeas, sprinkle of whole wheat croutons from Great Harvest, 1/2 roma tomato, 1/4 avocado, 2 T Dorothy Lynch dressing and 2 c. romaine and red leaf lettuces (best salad I’ve had in a long, long time)
6 pm – iced triple grande 3p rasp 3p white mocha & one mini coconut cookie
8:30 pm – we’ll see. . . .

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails