Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Day 72: Bowling

Workouts. . .
10 min. walk, 40 min. jog outside (3.75 mi, 400 cal), 10 min. stretching & yoga (


About tofu scrambles: I don’t like them. Today I tried scrambling tofu like eggs, as vegans do, claiming it tastes the same. It does not. I even added salsa, which masks everything, and it still had that squeaky texture.

I almost died today during my run, my longest yet this season. Too far uphill at the start so by the time I got to the park, I was already dying. Plus it was hot outside. I went from running twice at 50 degrees to running at 75 degrees. It was a huge shock to my system and I didn’t stop sweating for half an hour.

Around 3 pm I had the most horrific headache, and I realized I hadn’t consumed any caffeine today. I immediately made myself a chai.

Family bowling night went respectibly well, aside from the overabundance of food. Oh, and the lateness. The family was late. We were there for half an hour before anyone else showed up. Plus we had a Red Pin party, which means free potato chip plates, and they put the order in as soon as we arrived rather than when we ordered them. So I had to pick bacon off of the cheddar ones, and mostly ate the blue cheese chips, probably 4 ounces worth of chips plus melted cheese.

What I ate today. . .
9 am – 1/2 c. tofu-scramble, 1/2 wheat English muffin with 1 T PB, banana
11:30 am – banana-peanut butter-yogurt smoothie (whole banana, 1 T PB and 3 oz yogurt
1:30 pm - small slice cinnamon bread
2 pm – two slices wheat bread with 1/2 avocado, 1-1/2 c. lettuce, 1/2 tomato and 8 homemade wheat croutons salad with 2 T Dorothy Lynch dressing
4 pm – grande iced chai with 1% milk (homemade)
7:30-9 pm – Lucky Strike blue cheese potato chips (1/2 order, pretty much), half a mixed green salad with goat cheese and walnuts, one half a mashed potato wonton

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails