Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Day 58: Fishy Fillets

Workouts. . .
10 min. yoga; 22 min. (2 miles) run at 11 mph pace, 5 min. walking; 20 min. weights, 10 min. stretching


So back on the PMS wagon today, and it shows in my snacking. Or do I always snack like this? Probably, but I like to blame it on stuff. Today I was ravenous several times and then drank a few things without being hungry at all. Dumb. But I was thinking while I was eating it, “I’m not hungry right now.” And yet I kept on eating.

Anyway, the textured vegetable protein that I reconstituted made a much better curry than the one I made with that weird asian product last time — plus I used a less spicy curry and it didn’t hurt my tummy! All I did differently this time was to use light coconut milk and add diced potatoes and the TVP stuff. I liked it better because I just love potatoes, any old way, and because my stomach didn’t start gurgling instantly when I ingested it, even though it was 7:30 pm before the potatoes were finished cooking. George genuinely dislikes curry, so I made him a buffalo chili and the house smelled so great when I got home from pilates. It took a while to realize that it wasn’t for me. Sniff. And then I started cooking and forgot all about it — curry really obliterates other smells in a matter of moments. In this case, it was nice to forget what I couldn’t have.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Today I tried Worthington brand Vegetarian Fillets, supposedly a fish stick alternative. George actually really liked these, citing the fact that they dry out quickly as his only complaint. He ate them plain and with ketchup, making them the very first veggie meat he likes enough to eat naked, and really the only one he genuinely likes. Period.

What I ate today. . .
4:15 a.m. – half an apple
8 a.m. – 1/2 c. granola w/ 1/2 c. skim milk & 1/4 c. blueberries
9 a.m. – 2/3 c . peanut butter frappuccino (no whip)
10 a.m. – chai tea w/ 1/2 c. milk, 3 radishes with salt and a slice ciabatta smeared in 1/2 tsp butter
12 noon – 1-1/2 c. curry mix from last night with 1/2 c. rice
1:30 p.m. – iced double tall 2p rasp 2p white mocha, extra ice (not hungry at all)
4 p.m. – slice of ciabatta smeared in butter (probably a teaspoon’s worth), black tea with 4 T fat-free half & half (icky, stick to regular milk)
6:15 p.m. – 3 veggie fish sticks with ketchup, 4 breaded tender bits (frozen from January), squash gratin with onion-whole wheat breadcrumbs, 1 c. lettuce w/ cucumber & 1 T. dressing
9 p.m. – mint tea

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails