Friday, January 05, 2007

Day 5(a)

I think now that breakfasts are going to be relatively easy. I’m fine with plain eggs and I do actually really like the veggie sausage and patties that Morningstar Farms sells. While there’s no substitute for bacon, I really don’t so much put it IN anything for breakfast as just eat gobs of it alongside my eggs. But I think it will be fine, generally speaking. I mostly eat toast with peanut butter or a granola with berries, so I’m not missing meat during the breakfast hours.

The rest of the day, however, is when the hunger for protein kicks in. I haven’t learned yet how to substitute good proteins for meat, so I’m filling up sometimes on cheese alone (not good) or using a large whole milk drink to fulfill the protein quota (also not good, fat-wise, and it adds a ton of sugar to my diet). I think when grocery time comes around for next week, I’m going to grab some yogurt for snacking. It’s lower in fat than the string cheeses I keep eating, and definitely lower than the smoked gouda and extra-sharp cheddars that I adore. It’s going to be a problem eventually, because I’m hungry already but I ate a ton of calories. I don’t really need to gain weight during this experiment (at all), but I’m also not sure that I could handle the direct segway into tofu substitutes. I think next week I’ll try shopping for several different products to test out. This week was all about just eating without the meat, and so far it’s going okay.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails