Friday, January 05, 2007

5b

We ended up being sort-of snowed in today, so I spent nearly an hour shoveling really heavy, wet snow in order to back my car out. When I was good and soaked (both with sweat and melted snow), my sister and I drove to Starbucks for chai and to the McDonald's RedBox for movies. After we drove friends to the airport, this is what we made to warm up.

Pasta with Goat Cheese, Sauteed Veggies and Sun-dried Tomatoes
3/4 lb. Rotini (or other tube pasta)
8 oz. flavored goat cheese (I prefer chipotle for more flavor)
8 oz. mixed mushrooms, sliced
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced thinly
1/4 c. whipping cream
1 T. butter
salt & pepper

Cook pasta according to package directions. Sauté onions and garlic in 1/2 T. butter until golden and soft. Transfer to a large bowl. Melt 1/2 T. butter and sauté mushrooms until golden brown. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 c. pasta water. To the drained pasta, add goat cheese to melt it into pasta. Add the whipping cream and stir. Mix in the onion, garlic, mushrooms and tomatoes and stir to coat with sauce. If too thick, add some of the pasta water to loosen. Season with salt & pepper. Serves 4, with a big salad and lots of yummy garlic bread.


George enjoyed my pasta recipe with the goat cheese and sautéed veggies. Sometimes I think I’m only making pasta so that I can also make garlic bread, mmmm.

Workouts. . . .
Shoveling driveway: 50 minutes with heavy snow


What I ate today. . .
Two pieces whole wheat toast (WW) with 1/2 avocado sprinkled with salt & black pepper, my signature coffee and milk drink with vanilla, venti chai with whipping cream on top, three bites of caramel-and-peanut covered apple leftover from yesterday, five reduced fat (RF) crackers with three slices of extra sharp cheddar and two slices of smoked gouda, a small serving of dinner pasta with sautéed mushrooms, garlic and onions and a homemade sauce of goat cheese with milk and sundried tomatoes. Tea.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails