Thursday, May 24, 2007

Day 145: Artichoke Pesto Linguine

Tonight’s inspiration was a leftover half-can of artichoke hearts after I made a big Greek salad. I remember something on Food Network ages ago where somebody pureed them, so I thought a pesto might work. It turned out really great, and I’m excited to eat it tomorrow as well. In hindsight, I should have kept some of the artichokes closer to whole, to create a little more visual texture. But it still tasted great, so I’m going with it.

Artichoke Pesto Linguine
1/2 can drained artichoke hearts
1 c. parmesan cheese, grated
2 T extra-virgin olive oil
2 T lemon zest
1/4 c. lemon juice
8 oz linguine, prepared according to package directions

In a food processor or blender, blend the parmesan cheese, artichoke hearts, olive oil, zest and juice until combined. Toss with cooked and drained linguine. Add salt & pepper to taste and eat up!

George and I have been considering a compost heap ever since I read about it a few weeks back. We decided today that there’s simply nowhere to put it in our yard. I was hoping we could fit something behind our shed, but we can barely fit back there ourselves. It’s basically a no-go for now. Instead, we’re going to start recycling some grass by using it to mulch the garden, both keeping weeds out and using it as compost there. We’re also going to separate our cans, glass, and plastic in an effort to be better recyclers. I’ve been really good about using my recycled grocery bag, bringing it with me 95% of the time. I have a group ordering more of them, so I’ll be more successful in the future when I can leave one in the car for unplanned shopping. I’m also excited to have the bags for the farmer’s markets, as they’ll be much easier to carry than plastic digging into your arms while carrying my fresh cantalope and peaches. The farmer’s markets are getting closer. I have a two week countdown going, but just in my head.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails