Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Day 144: Grilled Asian Tofu

Yesterday evening, my sister and her husband came for dinner. I decided to try grilling tofu, something I’ve never done before. And, of course, I had to make it asian since I’m on a huge kick. It turned out awesome! Far, far better than even what I tried from Whole Foods, that fine purveyor of creative veg options. I was quite pleased, and my sis ate three pieces of it, so I know it was good. There’s something about serving food with grill marks that makes it seem more exotic anyway. I’m a huge fan of the grill, regardless of the season, so I’m thrilled to add another dish to my oft-overused summer repertoire.

Grilled Asian Tofu
1 pkg extra-firm tofu, drained on a towel for 2 hours
2 T brown sugar
2 T soy sauce
1 T toasted sesame oil
3 T sweet chili sauce

Cut the tofu into five thick pieces and lay in a shallow dish for marinating. Mix the brown sugar together with the oil and soy sauce until it’s mostly dissolved, then mix in the chili sauce. Pour half of the mix over the tofu, turn the pieces and coat the other side. Let sit for two hours (or more, depending on your schedule). Grill over medium-high flames for 5 minutes on each side. Warm the leftover marinade and pour over top to serve.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails