Saturday, March 10, 2007

Day 68: McDonalds

Workouts. . .
5 min. walking, 25 min. running thru neighborhoods and hills (2 mi); 10 min. yoga/stretching and calisthenics (300 cal)


This was sort of a clean-out-the-fridge type of day, in preparation for a week of parental supervision and family visiting. I’ve somehow managed to accumulate every single Tupperware that I have filled with leftovers in the fridge, even though I could swear I’ve been eating them. I guess because I sometimes have 3 sets of leftovers from one meal, I don’t quite get to all of them in time. Anyway, I ate, ran, planted seeds to sprout for my garden, drank a nice chai and then ran off to do some errands. I realized on my way home that I was absolutely starved. Unfortunately, I needed to grab movies for sisters’ movie night at that box thing at McDonalds. I admit it, I am weak. I knew I was going to get a cone but as soon as the wave of fry scent hit me, I had to order one of those too. Did you know they no longer even offer a small fry on the menu? I looked for it, but the medium was the smallest I could find, and it’s on the dollar menu. Ridiculous. So I got that, of course, and since I’m a huge salt fiend, I poured salt on them right off. By the time I got home, I’d demolished most of the melting cone. I sat down to enjoy my fries and realized that this particular batch had been sitting a while. A long while. I picked thru them to find the soft ones, and then threw the rest away. About fifteen minutes later, these weird pangs hit me in the stomach area. It wasn’t really any big deal, but it didn’t feel great. I took a nap and when I woke up, they were gone.

For dinner, the siblings decided on pizza from Anthony’s and a big salad. I’m not a huge fan of Anthony’s, sort of the next up from Domino’s in my book. Some people really like this — including George, who eats anything labeled “Pizza” — but I ate at home instead. It was difficult not to eat something just because everyone else was eating, but I felt how snug my jeans were around my waist and tried to let that motivate me. I’m hoping it still will. In the past few weeks, they’ve grown snugglier and more friendly with the roll around my center. I hate noticing this and am hoping that I’ve caught it soon enough. Now that it’s warming up enough to run, I’m planning to get my ass out there.

What I ate today. . .
8 a.m. – (I slept in!) leftover insides of 2 twice-baked potato halves plus 5 veggie meatballs, tea
11 a.m. – leftover cup of rice and stir-fried veggies, leftover 1/2 c. baked carrots and 8 slices baked potatoes, sort of a leftover eat-up day
1 pm – iced chai tea w/ 1 c. 1% milk
3 p.m. – small McDonalds’ ice cream cone and most of a medium fry (felt incredibly sick afterwards for no apparent reason)
6 p.m. – 1/3 c cottage cheese, one wheat English muffin with a new kind of peanut butter, two shots of espresso with 1 tsp sugar and little bit of cream
8 pm – some of my sister’s sweet tarts candy and two bites of a chocolate-marshmallow bunny
10 pm – iced chai tea with 1/2 c. milk

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails