Sunday, February 25, 2007

Day 56: Fake Mayo, the results are in. . . .

Workouts. . .
20 min. yoga, 25 min. walk with the dog


It took a while to find my pedometer’s battery replacement at Target yesterday, but I did it! I haven’t had a chance to set it up with my stride yet (lost the directions. . . ) but I will. I’ve worn it all day today, and am up to 4188 steps at 3:40 p.m. Like the magazine recommended, I counted 100 steps and my pedometer picked up only 67. I do walk quickly, but I’m wondering if it’ll pick up my steps better after it’s calibrated. We’ll see. I’m also wondering if it has something to do with wearing the thing on my sock rather than on my waist. Hmm. I didn’t think about that. I put it down there this morning because I worked at Starbucks and didn’t want a weird waist bulge showing through my apron. Yes, vanity rears its head.

I’m excited about my dinner plans today, even though they are just veggie BLTs, so basically ALTs — avocado and no bacon for me, thanks. But I found a cool recipe for a blue cheese and tofu mayo that I’m going to adapt for goat cheese instead (don’t have blue cheese). It sounded really good, mixed with a teensy bit of balsamic for added drama. I’m a huge fan of the sandwich, so I’m excited to see how it works with dressing. And George has some turkey bacon to fry up for his sandwich(es), but he’s going to try the dressing too.

Okay, the cheese-tofu mayo turned out, in my opinion, horrible. George thought it was okay. He liked the cheese one. I used 1/4 c. goat cheese crumbles, 1/2 c. silken tofu, 1 T balsamic, mixed together. It tasted really plain, so I added salt, pepper and Italian herbs. Then I made a second one, because I was inspired, out of tofu and sun-dried tomatoes. I mixed 1/2 c. silken tofu with 4 sun-dried tomatoes, ground pepper, a pinch of Italian herbs. I thought the tomato one was best, but I didn’t like either one really. And now I have 1/2 c. leftover of each to use up. . .

What I ate today. . .
6 a.m. – apple, 1/2 c. granola, 1/2 c. blueberries & 1/4 c. nonfat milk
8 a.m. – slice orange-cinnamon bread and 1 c. nonfat raspberry white mocha
10 a.m. – 3/4 grande chai (no whip)
1:30 p.m. – 2 c. salad with tomato, cucumber, mixed sprouts, 2 T feta and 1 T garlic expressions dressing, 10 crispy crowns, reheated
3 p.m. – iced triple grande 3p raspberry 2% 3p white mocha, 5 potato chips
4:30 p.m. – slice cinnamon-orange bread
6:15 p.m. – 2 slices wheat toast with 1 small tomato, handful of lettuce, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 T each of the sample tofu-mayos (above), 1 oz salt & vinegar chips
7:30 p.m. - tea

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails