Monday, February 19, 2007

Day 50: G’s Birthday

Made a huge but only somewhat cool-looking birthday cake for G today. I used up most of my red food coloring trying to make a vat of white frosting turn red, but it only turned various shades of pink, mauve, purple, and pinker. I settled on a nice dark pink shade and frosted my yellow box cake, made yellower with dye. I was going for a Chiefs theme, but it didn’t pan out well. Anyway, I made a large and small springform of boxed cake, watered down strawberry jam and spooned it over the cakes, making them sweet and flavored. I decorated everything as best I could with canned frosting. I ended up spearing the whole thing with candles to make it look decent, and then cutting it up as quickly as possible after singing.

We went bowling at Lucky Strike on a free Red Pin party pass, which includes two plates of fresh potato chips as appetizers, one with blue cheese and another with cheddar and bacon (which I didn’t eat). I ordered a ton of appetizers to share as a group, and we snacked and bowled. If anyone goes there, try the mashed potato spring rolls. They’re so, so good, even the non-veggies ate tons of them.

What I ate today. . .
Tea, 1 c. oatmeal, sprinkle brown sugar & dash of milk; Clementine; 1/2 tall chai; most of a triple grande 2p pumpkin, 3p white mocha with whip; cottage cheese loaf slab & couscous salad & handful of grapes; tons of fresh potato chips with blue cheese sauce, half a mashed potato egg roll, 1-1/2 c. salad with tomatoes & croutons & balsamic vinegar, 2” goat cheese tartlet with mushroom & tomato, 3 large onion rings; slice of cake.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails