Sunday, February 04, 2007

Day 35 (February 4)

What I ate today. . .
English muffin, iced double tall 2p rasp. 2p white mocha; venti 1p pumpkin spice chai w/ whipping cream; a few scoops of weird rice pudding I made with a taste of steel-cut oatmeal and two hard-boiled eggs (very odd meal here, I admit); superbowl snacks included homemade guacamole with a ton of tortilla chips, a 7-layer bean dip and regular potato chips, slices of orange and grapefruit, an iced chai tea (home brewed) and two slices of funfetti cake; mint tea to settle my tummy before bedtime.


Today wasn’t much of a challenge until George brought in the chicken wings from the grill and squirted hot sauce over them. Oh, the aroma was so inviting. Luckily, I am PMSing and felt like crap, so I did not even eat a vegeburger like I had planned. I did make one for my sister, who doesn’t eat wings, but I didn’t partake. Probably tomorrow I will, however.

I hit the grocery store following a morning shift at the coffee shop, so I got home from four hours of work, grocery shopping and a drop-off at the library around 10. It was weird too because I just felt like running. So unlike me, and I had to take advantage. It may have been the warm weather outside — almost 50! — but I didn’t stop to question it. Just headed off to the gym. A long run and a short nap later, I was ready to do my superbowl party prep!

Christine’s Nacho Dip
1/2 slab cream cheese (4oz), melted or brought to room temp
2 c. canned refried beans
3-4 T red onion, minced
1/2 c. salsa
1 c. sour cream
1 c. guacamole
1 c. lettuce, shredded
1 tomato, diced

Use a bowl you can dip chips into for this recipe, so nothing too deep. Mix the cream cheese with the beans and onion until well blended. Spoon into the bottom of your dish evenly. (If you have time, set this in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes to harden the layer and allow easier spreading. If not, keep going.) Drop the guacamole on next, smoothing it over the bean layer as best you can, then the sour cream, then salsa. Add tomato over the salsa and then lettuce. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with tons of tortilla chips.

Workouts. . .
35 min. run (approx. 3.25 miles) plus 5 minutes walking & 10 minutes stretching.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails