Sunday, January 21, 2007

Day 21

What I ate today. . .
Cherry yogurt and a pear with half a mint mocha (too sweet for today); slice of cinnamon bread and half a chai w/ pumpkin spice; small bowl of black bean soup with dollop of sour cream, 1/2 c. coffee w/ 1/2 c. 2%; two slices wheat toast with a griller, 1/4 onion, two slices tomato, 2 tsp ketchup & 1 tsp mayo, 1 med. Pickle, leftover roasted parsnips; brewed chai tea w/ 2% milk, 2-1/2 slices cinnamon bread.


I’m really uncomfortable today, in the stomach and intestinal area. I think I may have consumed too many legumes. Yes, I did write it that way because it sounds funnier. But the end result is the same, flatulence. And lots of it. I feel bloated and horrible, and this morning when I woke up I still had the taste of Chipotle in my mouth, which is an awful way to wake up by the way. I think perhaps next time I shouldn’t eat all four tacos. But still, I ate early enough in the evening (around 5:30 p.m.) and went to bed late enough (around midnight) to have digested everything or at least gotten a dang good head start. I am not sure my system was meant to handle this level of bean infiltration. It’s acting under attack and fighting back with an odd vengeance that’s more aimed at George and my nose than the culprit. I’m hoping for peace soon.

Four hours later, still not feeling awesome. Better, though. And a griller for dinner kind-of settled my stomach. I grew up eating grillers, well, since they started making them when I was in the fifth or sixth grade. When I had an office job, some of my co-workers brought in Boca vegetarian burgers. I tried them and found them lacking compared to good old grillers, so I got reacquainted with them. I slowly won everyone back over to the Morningstar Farms side, and then we discovered the Chik Patties. Yum. Nothing beats the Parmesan-Ranch Chik patties. My friend Rachel eats them plain with ketchup. I prefer a whole wheat bread of some sort with tomato, avocado and sautéed onion. Since I didn’t have my back-up avocado today, I ate a griller. It still amazes me that I forget about this fall-back. Grillers taste like home in the summertime for me, eating memories. If only I had some ripe, fresh watermelon. . .

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails