Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Day 16

What I ate today. . .
Leftover half pan veggie frittata, slice bread, 4 mini falafel & 1 T hummus; banana; venti chai; four homemade mushroom & tomato pizza buns, lots of salad with mushrooms, tomatoes, croutons and Caesar dressing; half a pear and a brewed chai with 2%.


Be warned: I am going to speak of poo. If you’re made queasy by this topic, avert your tiny baby eyes. Now.

I’ve noticed that, um, things are moving more smoothly of late. I feel pretty good about it, light and free. Also, I’m not particularly gassy. I thought the added beans and veggies in the diet would increase the amount of stomach gas, but I haven’t noticed any changes in that regard. However, when it does happen, it always smells of a particular vegetable that I’ve eaten. Which is weird. When I ate meat, there wasn’t a distinctive smell, you know? Now it’s definitely weird to be reminded of what you eat, but it seems more natural somehow. Okay, end of poo talk.

Pizza buns are something I make when I have about ten minutes and am S-T-A-R-V-I-N-G. By the time George came home, the buns were in the oven. We could chat while we made a salad and put away dishes.

Easy Pizza Buns
8 leftover day old buns, split (can use hamburger or hot dog or just dinner rolls)
8 tsp pizza sauce (if you don’t have, mix 1/2 can tomato paste with 1/2 c. spaghetti sauce)
1 c. mozzarella, grated
2 T parmigiana cheese, grated
1 roma tomato, sliced
2 mushrooms, sliced

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place split buns on a baking tray. Spread 1 teaspoon of pizza sauce on each bun half, add toppings, and sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 15 minutes or until golden on top and cheese is melted. Serves at least 2.

Workouts. . .
3-mile run (30-odd minutes), 20 minutes lifting weights, stretching

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails