Thursday, May 07, 2009

Lemon Thyme Bars

Photobucket

It's cheating, I know. But I'm in such a hurry these days. I DVR Giada at Home and occasionally get to watch it during my lunch hour, which is when I saw Giada preparing this recipe for Lemon Thyme Bars. I had the ingredients on hand, and the match of lemon and thyme was alluring. Made it and loved it. I followed the recipe, adding lemon zest in addition to the juice in the bars, mostly because I hate to throw it out unused. The pairing of lemon and thyme is interesting, plus the green in the bars is just so pretty. I will say that there are not 16 traditional servings here; rather eight to twelve if you cut them regular size. But the small squares are perfect and cute served alongside espresso.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails