Monday, June 04, 2007

Day 156: Greek Pasta Salad

For group potluck this week, I devised a way of using up all of the half-boxes of pasta I had leftover in the kitchen — pasta salad! I felt like a relative genius, until I saw that others too had caught the pasta salad spirit and we grouped three huge dishes of it together as friends. Luckily, they were all vastly different. Since I am a hater of mayo, I had to make the salad with something else, so here’s my (self-proclaimed) fabo recipe for pasta salad. . .

Greek Pasta Salad
1 can black olives, drained
1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
1/2 c. roasted red peppers, diced
2 oz feta cheese, cut in small cubes
4 T prepared pesto (mine was frozen from last year’s farmer’s market)
1 T lemon zest
2 T olive oil
1/2 tsp Italian herbs
salt & pepper
1-1/2 lbs mixed pasta (I used tubes and a third of them were wheat), cooked & drained

Mix well to combine and let sit covered in the fridge for at least an hour before serving to let the flavors combine. Serve.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails