Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Day 114: Mushroom Mmm-mmm

Workouts. . .
Uh, none. Oopsie.


This morning, I started out rather proud as I pounded my pumpkin pie oatmeal on the way to work, with two packs of dried fruit in my bag as reinforcement for the morning against that damn urge to lick fresh coffee cake directly out of the pastry case. Oh, it looks so good when you pile it on those damn trays. Anyway, started out great, and even ate some of my fruit over the break, so kudos me.

I tasted this recipe at Whole Foods during their mushroom promotion, but this was the first second I had to write it down. It's really yummy and would be good alongside pretty much anything. Enjoy.

Wild Mushroom Mix
Modified from the original Whole Foods recipe

2 shallots, chopped
1 T olive oil
2 T butter
1 pound wild mushrooms, 2-3 kinds, sliced and trimmed
a handful of thyme leaves
juice and 1 T zest of one lemon
salt & pepper

Heat pan to medium-high and saute the shallots in the butter and oil. Add the thyme and stir occasionally, until mixture is seasoned and thyme is lightly browned. Add trimmed mushrooms and stir to combine. Let cook 1-2 minutes, until browning and giving off juice. Add lemon juice and season with salt & pepper to taste.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails