Friday, November 17, 2006

Carnivorale

So, it's like my body knows it will be giving up meat soon. I'm craving a bacon cheeseburger. Okay, so I'm also PMSing big time and that may be a tiny part of this dilemma, but I have been trying to cut back on meat so that it's not a complete shocker when January 1 rolls around. Do I give in to the burger temptation now while I still can or do I try to morph it into something else, like one beef taco? Is that even better? The more I say "beef" in my brain, the hungrier I seem to be. I am going to consider Carl's Jr. for lunch.

In the meantime, I reorganized my pantry yesterday so that my canned soups and vegetables look more appealing. I can at least find them in a pinch now. I have more plans to organize the refrigerator today because my frozen foods section looks like butt. I'm not even sure what's in there anymore.

Here's the recipe for lemon garlic pasta I made yesterday:
1 clove garlic, minced
2 T fresh lemon juice + 1 T grated zest
1/2 lb cooked pasta -- I used bow ties
1/4 c. grated parmesan
2 t. butter

Cook the pasta by package directions. Grate the zest and squeeze lemon juice into a small bowl. Mince the garlic and grate parmesan. When pasta is drained, add garlic to the pan and mix around to cook slightly and let juices coat pasta. Add butter to melt. Toss in lemon zest and juice and parmesan. Mix together and season with pepper and salt. Yum.

As a special note, I find that if you add the garlic to the lemon juice while you're waiting for the pasta to cook, it turns blue. This might entice kids to eat it, but for adults it's pretty unappealing, and I had to start over with the other half of my lemon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails